EA Sports is holding an on-line vote to decide which college mascot will grace the cover of EA Sports' NCAA Football 2009, which will be available for the Wii gaming console for the first time this year. I am urging everyone to go to the site and cast a vote for Purdue Pete! Several reasons:
- Irony. Nothing says "college football" quite like the Purdue Boilermakers.
- Pete is the scariest, freakiest "mascot" in college football. Those eyes!
- Pete is not the actual mascot for the Boilermakers. The official mascot is the Boilermaker Special.
- If there is anything like a "Madden Curse" associated with NCAA 2009, I sure don't want to bring any voodoo down on the Irish - but wouldn't mind bringing some down on Purdue.
- Think how hacked off Michigan, Ohio State, USC, and the entire SEC would be if Purdue Pete got the cover! The outrage would be totally entertaining.
- If Pete wins, there is no way EA Sports has the guts to actually put him on the cover.